Yes, these are the shoes seen on the feet of so many pro racers and triathletes. When you are incredibly demanding on your equipment, and you need a precise fit, Shimano's S-Phyre RC-9 shoes might be the best choice in footwear we have. The carbon fiber sole built into the RC-9 can put up with powerful sprinters like Mathieu van der Poel, and last for years. A little bit of extra fore-aft cleat adjustability makes for excellent cleat positioning. Our bike fit staff appreciates the printed grid on the sole, allowing for error-free cleat replacement. Dual Boa IP1 closures offer incremental on-bike adjustments. The upper is very breathable, while a drain hole under the toe prevents soggy socks.
- Stiffness Index: 12
- Microfiber Synthetic Leather: Supple, light yet stretch-resistant material
- External Heel Cup: External curved heel cup suppresses foot twist and roll
- Carbon Sole/Mid Sole: Carbon fiber composite sole/mid sole
- Hollow-Channel: Lightweight, ultra-rigid hollow outsole
- Wider Cleat Adjustment: Expands range for mounting cleats
- Integrated sole and upper construction sets a level of fit, stability, rigidity and lightweight performance
- SHIMANO DYNALAST helps to reduce braking loss
- Wide range fit adjustability accommodates various shapes of feet
- Dual independent Boa IP1 dials allow quick and precise micro-adjustment
- Adjustable powerzone wire guide holds foot securely
Clipless pedals, shoes, and cleats come in many varieties, some specific to one brand or another. If you have a favorite, you may already know what you're looking for, and what is compatible.
Want some help choosing the right pedals and/or shoes? Interested in trying something new? Contact us to ensure your shoes are compatible with your pedals, and all of it's compatible with you.