If you ride alone in the countryside, you've probably been surprised by a passing car. With electric and hybrid cars, there's almost no warning. What if there was a device that could alert you to approaching traffic? A device with an audible alert and graphics on your GPS computer or smartphone. A device with a a daylight visible taillight built in. This is exactly what the Garmin Varia RTL515 rearview radar does.
The Garmin Varia RTL515 pairs with your Garmin Edge bike computer, Wahoo GPS bike computer or compatible smartphone to alert you of vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters) away. When used with your compatible smartphone, the Varia app uses bold graphics — plus tone and vibration alerts — to indicate the position and speed of approaching vehicles.
- Varia RTL515 rearview radar provides visual and audible alerts for vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters) away.
MULTIPLE PAIRING OPTIONS
- This radar works seamlessly with your Edge bike computer, Wahoo bike computer, or compatible smartphone as well as select Garmin wearables or the optional radar display unit.
WORKS WITH THE VARIA APP
- This smartphone app helps you increase your awareness by providing graphics — plus tone and vibration alerts — that indicate the position and speed of approaching cars.
THIRD-PARTY APP COMPATIBLE
- When used with a compatible smartphone, Varia radar integrates with your favorite apps, such as Ride with GPS to overlay your maps with rearview radar alerts.
- Alert motorists to your presence as soon as possible with daylight visibility up to 1 mile. The rear light boasts up to 65 lumens of output, grabbing the attention of drivers.
- Easily mount this sleek, compact device on the seatpost of almost any road-use bicycle. The vertical design allows for better leg clearance and a perfectly comfortable ride. The mounting hardware will work with many seatpost shapes, including D-shaped and teardrop aero seatposts.
- Varia RTL515 features multiple modes, including peloton mode, which provides a low-intensity flash that is kind to other cyclists’ eyes when riding in a group.
- Time spent charging is not as good as time spent riding. Get up to 16 hours of battery life in day flash mode and up to 6 hours in solid mode.
- Dimensions: 3.9” x 0.8” x 1.6" (98.6 x 19.7 x 39.6 mm)
- Weight: 2.5 oz (71.0 g)
- Modes: solid, peloton, night flash, day flash
- Lumens: 20 solid, 8 peloton, 29 night flash, 65 day flash
- Battery life: 6 hours solid, 8 hours peloton, 6 hours night flash, 16 hours day flash
- ANT+: Yes
- Bluetooth LE: Yes
- Water rating: IPX7
- Viewing angle: 220°
In the box:
- Varia RTL515
- Mounting Kit
- Charging Cables